, ,

Supply Chain

The industry is moving at a rapid pace, which compels companies to position themselves at the forefront of their services and products to become part of the extensive supply chain. Nearshoring represents an opportunity for this. Strengthening capabilities and preparing to meet the challenge involves developing operational business strategies to establish themselves as providers that drive economic development.

Coordinating the supply chain is an art. Efficiency ensures the availability and quality of products. Below are some implications of the process:

• Materials management
• Information and financial flows
• Production
• Transportation
• Sales

The Mexican government plans to promote the development of Mexican suppliers in the 10 industrial parks that will be part of the Inter-American Isthmus Corridor (CIIT), considering the estimate that each anchor company generates a 60% impact, while SMEs contribute the remaining 40% (Morales, 2023).

According to Raquel Buenrostro, Secretary of the Economy, certain items like washers, screws, and nuts are not manufactured in Mexico, creating room for entrepreneurship and creativity.

The challenge involves having the necessary human capital to meet demand and maintaining production pace. Contributing to attracting investments, supporting talent development, enhancing logistics platforms, strengthening the integration of SMEs into global value chains, and fostering the development of industrial parks.